My apologies for being so quiet this week… I’ve been hanging out in dreamland lately! Lots going on around here, including a possible move!
There are a lot of pieces that need to fall into place for this to work for us — and we’re really only at the beginning stages — but I can’t help myself from thinking about it pretty much all the time!
We’ve got our eyes on a few places and each of them are wonderful in their own right and have great amenities to offer, but none of them are quite what I’d consider my dream home. I’m not sure if my dream home is even out there. If it is, I haven’t come across it yet and even if I did, I’m sure it would be wayyyyy out of our budget range anyway! I guess that’s why they call it a “dream” home, though, right? Because it only exists in your dreams?
Anyway, I’ll stop rambling. Here’s a list of stuff that would be included in my dream home:
- cathedral ceilings with exposed-wood beams
- a huge, stone front, wood-burning fireplace
- at least three bathrooms
- a bidet (gross… just kidding!!)
- a reading nook
- a big bay window
- a sun room/porch with a spectacular view of the yard
- a huge kitchen
- a library with built-in bookshelves (and one of those ladders that rolls along the shelves!)
- a finished basement (with enough space for me to have a yoga corner)
- an art/craft studio
- a wrap-around porch
- a walk-in pantry
- a room for the dogs
- a “man room” for Ant
- an in-ground pool
- a red barn
- a huge pasture with a pond or a stream
- a spacious garden
- a long, winding driveway
- an old-fashioned lamppost
- a workshop for Ant
- lots of trees, including at least one weeping willow
- white picket fences surrounding our property
That’s not asking for too much, is it?
Oh well… a girl can dream, can’t she?! :)
What things would be included in your dream home?